You can do this in a template, but you will need three fields in the template setup as images, some images in an Image Picker group, and a small amount of VBScript applied to a field.
- 1) Provide a PDF file with three fields, and add images to an Image Picker Group by editing the assets for the template.
- 2) The first two fields, fielda and fieldb, must be set to be image fields getting their data from user entry. The third field, fieldc, will get getting its data from field scripting.
- 3a) The field to show the images from the Image Picker must be set to use the picker group under User Control Type.
- 3b) The field for the upload is set as Advanced Image Upload. Note that the setting for "Allow upload from asset" is enabled. So this field will accept input from an image upload, or from a site asset if they are available
- 4) Fields fielda and fieldb are set as hidden as the values for these fields will not be displayed directly on the template. The input controls for them will still be visible.
- 5) The script that tells the template to choose one field or another is assigned to the Field Scripting tab in fieldc. Script is: ifs(fieldb="",fielda,fieldb)
Fieldc is being instructed to check the value for fieldb. If fieldb is empty, it will return the value from fielda, which has the image picker group. If there is a value for fieldb as an upload image, it will use the uploaded image.
Since is is scripted this way, it gives the upload preference over the image picker. If the template is being used for a site order, then either the image upload or the site asset chosen will be given preference over the image picker.