GL Accounts are used in DocketManager to create sales journal entries that can be transferred into your accounting package.
To use GL Accounts, you must first add them into the system. These accounts can be created to correspond with your accounting package.
Once your GL Accounts have been set, they can be assigned to different parts of the job for tracking within the system.
- Accounts Receviable - generally assigned as 'Accounts Receivable' (AR)
- Deposits Types (Mastercard, Cash, American Express, etc) - designates the way that payments are stored
- can be assigned simply as 'Bank' or with individual GL Accounts assigned for each deposit type
- Deposit on invoice - designates payments made on unposted orders
- deposit will be set as a liability until the order is posted
- Tax types - can be assigned simply as 'sales tax' account or with individual GL Accounts assigned for each tax type (GST, PST, etc)
- Discount - all 'discounts' are applied to this account regardless of what order they are on or their value
Revenue (Cutting, Shipping, Outsourced, Postage, Timer Rates, Department Items, Presses, Stocks)
- can be assigned simply to one general 'Sales' account or with individual GL Accounts assigned for each tax type of sales
For more information on setting GL Accounts, see GL Accounts - Set GL Accounts.